Friday, June 19, 2009

Oh my little baby

I just love my baby girl. As I watch her, it reminds me of my first baby girl. Sometimes I even find myself wanting to call her Natalie! I guess that's not too unusual but I really am reminded of Natalie as I watch Kylie grow.

She does the cutest things that I know I'm bound to forget. Each little thing is so precious and yet time will take them away from me as she takes new and more advanced steps.

I love it when she stokes my skin as she nurses. She even tickles me with her hand that is wrapped around me. Lately, instead of sweet careses, she has started aggressively exploring my face, or more just my nose and mouth, while she eats. That is better though then the hair pulling I get when she catchs my hair. That is one of her favorite things to do, eating or not. The bangs and baby hairs around the face and neck are her favorites.

This last week, Kylie learned how to screech. She did it constantly for two days! Then she started to alternate between the screeching and deep grunting. It was so funny. She is really all over the place these days. She flips over and all around. She really likes to play sitting up but can't get up and down by herself yet. We got her a new blanket to lay on, twin size. Wouldn't you know it, she likes to roll until she is off of it! Yes, she is a silly girl. She loves to play peek-a-boo and be tickled. Her favorite kind is loud and rough. When she is startled, it makes her smile and giggle!

She hasn't cut any teeth yet, yeah! I'm not looking forward to that. She doesn't sleep through the night yet either. That I wouldn't mind seeing happen. I'm debating whether or not to see if she will comfort herself back to sleep... Maybe in a few weeks when she is 6 months. She LOVES eating baby ceral and food. Thankfully she is a pretty neat eater right now. She is still getting use to the highchair. She is more interested in playing with it than eating most of the time! The bouncer works better but she likes to sit up more than it lets her. All in good time.

No comments: