Wednesday, August 19, 2009

So Long Roseville...



Well, the time has come, to say farewell, to all we grew to love. We will miss you and always reminisce, about the times we shared with love and much affection. Goodbye Roseville - you were a great adventure and a wonderful dream. *Big sigh*

But with heads held up our family moves into the future, looking forward to reuniting with old friends and places we have enjoyed for years, as we pack up our things and move back to our home in Tracy.

I can't leave without saying goodbye to the beautiful home I fell in love with and will always compare every house with. This is the house I will always hold dear where I as able to be a stay-at-home mom and give birth to the child Karl and I share.

My friends:
Chrissy - I wanted to so much to see our babies grow up together but I will treasure the instant and special friendship we have.
Misty - Natalie will miss Courtney so much and I thank you so much for being my personal guide to the city.
Cheryl - I will continuously wonder how your family is doing and hope we meet up at Famous Daves' so you can still fill me in.

I love so much about this place! Big Spoon and El Azteca will always be treasured places our family has enjoyed going to time and time again. I doubt we will be so close to such great restaurants, shopping, schools, and electronics stores as we were here... We really enjoyed every minute of it.

We really are looking forward to going back home though. It is after all, Home. So many memories!

We are sad our little kitty, Roo isn't coming back with us and that we can't bring our adopted wild kitties, but there are hopes and talks of finding someone new. Secretly - I can't wait to see what what cuties are waiting at the pet store in Tracy.

Stephen has matured so much this last year and is excited to be back with all of his friends and looking forward to getting a car. We are REALLY hoping we find a karate place as good as the one out here, cross your fingers!

Natalie is happy to be back close to so much family and looks forward to returning to her friends. She can't wait to make friends in the neighborhood that she can go play with at the park next store. She wants to look for her pet hamster we let go there two years ago.... Ah, to be seven again.

Karl is glad to be back in the home he owns and to be so much closer to family, especially Chris. I'm glad he will be closer to his friends too. After all the driving we've had to get use to living out here, going over the hill will be nothing.

Me - well, I'm glad to be closer to my parents, family, and Danicia. I'm glad that my family is happy. I hope I can move on and move forward, I usually do. I guess I'm looking forward to setting goals and getting things checked off my list. I hope to one day move even closer to our parents and to better schools for the kids.

But in the mean time, its pack, pack, pack!

3 comments:

Post-it Note said...

Oh that is such a sweet post. Moving is so hard. It's good that you have so much to go back to. No one place has everything and everyone we want to be close to in it, so it's hard to choose where to live. We wish you the best in Tracy!

The Booher Family said...

AWWWWW... You sound so sad to leave. And you're right, nothing will ever compare to that house! Book club is in a week... you coming??? I'm excited you're close!!!!

Lisa said...

wish you the best of luck!! Cute blog!