I don't know how I get these crazy ideas, maybe I just like throwing parties... But I had the inspiration to start celebrating Kylie's half birthday. Mainly because her birthday is so close to Christmas and summer time is always a great time to get everyone together.
So a week or so ago I decided to give it a go and try it out. Yes, I admit it's a little different but the timing just felt right. It just so happened that Karl and I had decided to change the girls rooms by combining their sleeping quarters and turning Kylie's old room into a playroom. That meant repainting and reorganizing both rooms. Needless to say, things have been a little crazy leading up to this party.
It has been a lot of fun though. I had the chance to go do some shopping for her at Toy 'R Us and got some great additions for the playroom. I also lucked out and found a great place to have a impromptu party for Kylie. Friends of our recommended a place in Pleasanton called Superfranks that looked great.
Things fell into place and the morning of Kylie's celebration I made cupcakes, decorated with streamers and balloons, and hosted Leah's family over to share the goodies. We opened presents and Karl worked the morning away putting together Kylie's new toys while we all enjoyed the new playroom and toys.
Later in the evening we drove out to Superfranks for the first time and met up with the Rubaco's, John's family, and my mom's! We had no idea so many people were going to be able to come. Superfranks turned out to be an awesome place for all the kids to run wild climbing, sliding, and riding around the whole place.
What a day!
So a week or so ago I decided to give it a go and try it out. Yes, I admit it's a little different but the timing just felt right. It just so happened that Karl and I had decided to change the girls rooms by combining their sleeping quarters and turning Kylie's old room into a playroom. That meant repainting and reorganizing both rooms. Needless to say, things have been a little crazy leading up to this party.
It has been a lot of fun though. I had the chance to go do some shopping for her at Toy 'R Us and got some great additions for the playroom. I also lucked out and found a great place to have a impromptu party for Kylie. Friends of our recommended a place in Pleasanton called Superfranks that looked great.
Things fell into place and the morning of Kylie's celebration I made cupcakes, decorated with streamers and balloons, and hosted Leah's family over to share the goodies. We opened presents and Karl worked the morning away putting together Kylie's new toys while we all enjoyed the new playroom and toys.
Later in the evening we drove out to Superfranks for the first time and met up with the Rubaco's, John's family, and my mom's! We had no idea so many people were going to be able to come. Superfranks turned out to be an awesome place for all the kids to run wild climbing, sliding, and riding around the whole place.
What a day!
Kylie loving her cupcake!
Leah and Vanessa
Leah and Erika
Anthony and Natalie
Emily
Everyone having a blast!
Karl putting together Kylie's kitchen
Me and Spencer at Superfranks
Kylie going down the slide for the billionth time!
Natalie playing at the LEGO table
The Safari Room at Superfranks
James with Mia and Natalie at the LEGO table
Dan and Mom
Kylie and Natalie waiting in the car
Me trying to get a photo with the girls, lol!
1 comment:
It's been a while and I figured you would post pics of Kylie's half-birthday so I thought I'd take a look! Wow, you've been a busy girl! I checked out the other posts too... sweet
Post a Comment