Friday, November 26, 2010

Halloween Treats and Fun

This Halloween I got it into my head to make lots of Halloween themed food.  Some of them turned out great and some I will never do again.  I tried to take photos of them all.  We had fun eating them and I can't thank Karl enough for putting up with my experiments in the kitchen.  There was one day though that felt like the perfect afternoon.  I was baking and decorating in the kitchen, Kylie was dancing to silly Halloween music from the TV, the house was filled with delicious scents and the cool breeze from outside.  Karl said he was taken straight back to his childhood, a time of love and happiness.  We miss his mother dearly...

We had a great time getting our costumes ready.  Karl and I decided to dress up too though now big party the day of we celebrated almost all month long and had a great night passing out goodies to the kids in the neighborhood though there were only a sad few.  The best part was when Kylie saw all the kids dressed up getting candy and decided that putting her costume on was worth getting candy.  Karl got to take her down the street and collect more candy then any 1 year old should have.  Natalie made out pretty well herself.

Mummy Sausages for Halloween party

Slime Filled Cupcakes for Halloween party

Haunted Stew for dinner with missionaries
 
Sloppy Joe Pie for Halloween night
 
Our Spider Queen ready for her school parade
 
The Spider Queen at our ward Truck or Treat

The Vampire couple with their human child at the Trunk or Treat

Wormy Cupcakes for the Halloween birthdays

Kylie loved hiding in Karl's cape!

Finally the Princess was dressed and ready to go trick or treating!

Gravely Rice Crispy Treats for my hard working Algebra class


3 comments:

John Wilson said...

Oh my goodness! The mummy sausages totally look like slugs. Eww. I love the haunted stew. Great job!

Post-it Note said...

Those treats look professional! Good job with the photos that's so exciting! A couple women mentioned making pigs in a blanket as a Halloween dinner tradition - hello they should have done mummies like you that's so cool!

Kylie is the cutest princess I've ever seen I do not lie.

The Booher Family said...

Dang gina!!! You're going all Martha Stewart on me!